Rewarding superior academic performance and leadership skills in community service activities.
Each year, the Adelphi University Prize for Leadership is awarded to high school juniors in recognition of their exemplary academic achievement and community service. Awardees will receive:
- an award of $1,000 and an inscribed award;
- two tuition–free courses at Adelphi University, over the course of the 2015 summer/fall and the spring 2016 sessions;
- Adelphi University library privileges; and
- an invitation to attend a dinner in honor of a leading scholar, artist, or political figure who is visiting the University during the 2015-2016 academic year.
Thursday March 5, 2015
Applicants must be high school juniors and residents of Garden City.
- Show a record of superior academic performance, in relation to their academic potential
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills in voluntary pursuits and/or community service activities
- Be available to attend the Adelphi University Prize for Leadership Reception.
Applicants must submit the following documentation to their school counselor by the due date:
- Completed Prize for Leadership Application (PDF)
- Minimum of one letter of recommendation from a high school administrator, school counselor or high school teacher
- Minimum of one letter of recommendation from a supervisor with firsthand knowledge of the applicant’s community service work. Each letter must include a description of the activity and the number of hours per week or per activity contributed by the student.
- Official high school transcript
- Activity sheet.
In addition to submitting the mandatory documents, applicants may be asked for an interview by members of the Adelphi University Prize for Leadership Committee.
2014 Recipients of the Adelphi Prize for Leadership