Rewarding superior academic performance and leadership skills in community service activities.
Each year, the Adelphi University Prize for Leadership is awarded to high school juniors in recognition of their exemplary academic achievement and community service. Awardees will receive:
- an award of $1,000 and an inscribed award;
- two tuition–free courses at Adelphi University, over the course of the 2016 summer/fall and the spring 2017 sessions;
- Adelphi University library privileges; and
- an invitation to attend a dinner in honor of a leading scholar, artist, or political figure who is visiting the University during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Applicants must be high school juniors and residents of Garden City.
- Show a record of superior academic performance, in relation to their academic potential
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills in voluntary pursuits and/or community service activities
- Be available to attend the Adelphi University Prize for Leadership Reception.
2016 Recipients of the Adelphi Prize for Leadership
Recipients will be honored on Friday, September 16, 2016, at an awards reception at Adelphi University’s Performing Arts Center.
|John J. Bingham
Andrew G. Nagel
Mairead R. Pfaff
James P. Rumsey
Suzanne V. Sanossian
Elizabeth C. Tully
2015 Recipients of the Adelphi Prize for Leadership